Thursday, September 10, 2009

IT 101 Blog Intro: Summary About Me

My name is Phil, I have grown up in a small suburban town where I am currently still living at home. I had been working in Restaurants since high school, moving up to manager which is where I remained for about 4 years until I was given an opportunity to become an assistant team manager for an Operations/Originations loan processing department of Sallie Mae. After leaving the restaurant management position for an aspired management position within an office environment as well as better pay and benefits. I began to thrive in the office setting, noticing our team was one of the most productive and efficient in the department. I was really great full to have been a part of it and truly enjoyed working for Sallie Mae. It wasn't long after I had worked there for 2 years until I had over herd the news of a lay-off within the company. My self along with the entire New England branch were eventually laid-off. Once out of work and un-employed and beginning a job search in a troubled job market, I decided to direct my focus towards going back to college. For me, when it came down to which school I wanted to attend, it was an easy choice. I decided to join Bentley University this past summer and am excited to learn new things and earn a degree in business. When I chose the course IT 101, I had hoped it would help understand basic computer terms, shortcuts, HTML, MS Office and miscellaneous useful knowledge for school and business.

No comments:

Post a Comment